Email Writing Etiquette: Focus on Your Reader
Your E-mail Writing Practices
- Are you careful about what you put in your e-mail?
- Do you send e-mail containing anything you might not want put up on the bulletin board or used in court?
- Do you avoid sending attachments and ask the reader’s permission before you send them, especially large attachments?
- Do you copy or forward messages without permission?
- Do you use colored backgrounds, unusual fonts, all caps, or a series of exclamation points or question marks?
- Do you choose times to respond to e-mail and each time clean out your in-box.
- Do you try to read each e-mail only once.